Wondering what big trends are coming in 2021? In this article we’re sharing the top 8 trends shaping digital and social this year!
1. Personalization. Customers are more likely to purchase products and services from brands that offer personalized experiences. So, if you want to stand out in 2021, you need to personalize your marketing – and that means personalized content, products, emails and more. A lot of businesses are increasingly trying to capitalize on personalization to create more meaningful experiences for customers. For example, Starbucks uses customers data like purchase history and location to get as personal as possible, and allows customers to customize their drinks, and encourages further use with its rewards system. Cadbury’s created a personalized video campaign that based on data from customers’ Facebook profile, including age, interest and location.
2. Omnichannel Marketing. Omnichannel marketing is the process of marketing across multiple platforms (such as social media, apps, email and blog) that allows you to connect with prospects on more touchpoints.
So, in 2021 customers will expect brands to have a consistent voice across all platforms. Customers will expect a consistent experience and will become frustrated if they are treated differently on Instagram than over email.
3. Long-Form Content. In this year, long-form content (at least 3,000 words long) allows content creators to establish themselves as an expert on a subject and gives them more scope for targeting keywords. The benefits of long-form content are:
- a lot of social media shares (such content get shared widely and often, especially among influencers and content creators in a given sphere);
- such content allow users spent longer time on your site’s pages;
- traffic throughout the lifetime of your blog or website;
- a high Google ranking.
4. 5G Technology. In 2021 5G technology will transform how we access online content, from digital marketers to the average user. What’s more is that 5G technology is expected to power a staggering one hundredfold increase in the number of connected devices.
5. Rise of the Chatbots. Chatbots aren’t new, but they will become even more popular in 2021. Here’s a benefits of chatbots:
- chatbots reduce pressure on customer service staff by handling common customer problems;
- they are great for lead generation, helping successfully convert more potential customers;
- they help collect customer data and increase customer engagement;
- cost savings for the company and much more.
6. Importance of Social Media Analytics. Digital marketing and metrics go hand-in-hand, so if you’re not investing in better analytics, you’ll struggle to drive the results you want to see. As a result, many brands will continue using (more actively) not only the basis of Google Analytics and analytics tools like Persollo Post/Audience Analyzer. Here are all the metrics you get with our tool:
– Detect fake, bots, mass followers
– Audience Quality Score (AQS)
– Brand Safety Index
– Check the Audience of Value (AoV) for each influencer
– Audience of Value CPM Calculator
– Authentic Engagement Rate (ER)
– Comparison of ER with influencers with similar follower numbers.
– The demographic, psychographic characteristics of the audience (geography, age, gender, hashtags, and etc).
– Insights into Post Performance (engagement rate, image recognition, sentiment and comment analysis).
7. Video Content Will Remain King. Video content, no matter the platform or format, is going to be big in 2021! One of the best things about video marketing is that it makes it easy to reformat your content. Here are some video forms that are gaining more and more traction in 2021:
- live video is popular with a large number of businesses who use it for interviews, product demos and life in the office, company events, etc;
- 1:1 video is when businesses or marketers create personalized video messages rather than make phone calls or send emails;
- 360-degree video content, YouTube, TikTok and Instagram video and etc.
8. Voice & Smart Speakers. Voice search plays an important role in providing all the relevant information that people are searching for through audio content. So, in 2021 a lot of businesses include voice search in their digital strategies. And many brands are already using voice search in their marketing campaigns, like Domino’s, PayPal, Nestlé, and etc.
These eight key trends can help you increase your traffic, generate more leads, and grow sales, and gain an edge over your competitors.
Have any trend predictions of your own this year? Let us know!
If you need some help using HeyLink.me features please reach out to email@example.com! We want to hear from you!